After a pilot error with my Scout some weeks ago requiring around $450 to repair, I started researching other options and the DJI F550 Flamewheel Naza M V2 ARF kit caught my eye for just $650. I’d looked at this kit before purchasing the Scout X4 but didn’t think I had the experience then with multirotors to build one.
Since then I’ve had many factory errors with the Scout including:
– a fall out of the sky using RTL due to an apparent barometer error
– Taking off in manual mode to have GPS get a lock in the air and crash into my house!
– Leg retract worm servo switch break
– USB ports in the Scout, BT-2401B and padholder may detatch
– The sliding switch on one of my Scout Batteries has failed
These all required pulling the Scout apart to repair and I learnt a great deal – giving me no confidence in the Scout and the confidence to build a UAV from scratch.
I’ve now had 20 trouble free flights with the F550, not a single issue, flies great and I’m very happy and finally confident in my UAV.
Because of this, I will no longer be supporting the Walkera Scout X4 pages on this site or answering any question but I will leave them here for users reference.
For further support, please join the new Facebook Walkera Scout X4 and Tali H500 Support Group and ask your questions there.
I will be starting a new section on the F550 on this site shortly.
Good luck with your Scouts, you’ll probably need it!